martes, 30 de diciembre de 2014

BOOK REVIEW: Teardrop by Lauren Kate.

Hello Booklovers! How are you doing? Today I'm going to review Teardrop by Lauren Kate.
Teardrop is the first book in the dark fantasy, Teardrop duology.
Title: Teardrop. (Teardrop duology #1)
Author: Lauren Kate
Published by: Dela Corte Press in 2013.
Find it on: Goodreads
Summary:
Teardrop (Teardrop, #1)Never, ever cry...

Seventeen-year-old Eureka won't let anyone close enough to feel her pain. After her mother was killed in a freak accident, the things she used to love hold no meaning. She wants to escape, but one thing holds her back: Ander, the boy who is everywhere she goes, whose turquoise eyes are like the ocean. And then Eureka uncovers an ancient tale of romance and heartbreak, about a girl who cried an entire continent into the sea. Suddenly her mother's death and Ander's appearance seem connected, and her life takes on dark undercurrents that don't make sense. Can everything you love be washed away?

Thoughts:
The idea of this book was super intrigued me. When I saw the cover and read the Summary I was like: "OMG OMG I need that book in my life!". Then the book came out and I just literally ran to the bookstore and then I read it.
I have to say that the story is so beautifully written, but there are some aspects of the book that I really didn't like.
1-. The writing. Lauren's writing make stories so unique but sometimes she goes out of the story a lot. Sometimes she is just writing like thons and thons of things that are not really necessarily for the plot, character's and the book.
2-. Eureka. I really like this character, she's very damaged by all her past and also by all the things that happens in this book. But I couldn't connect with her. I might enjoyed the book if the book was written in 1 POV.
But  I really like the book, if you have time for a slow ending maybe you might like this book. It's super awesome and the ending is just so  cliff-hanger awesome.

Rating: 3 sstars <<Slow but so awesome!>>

I Hope you're having a good readings! See you soon Booklovers! <3


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario