martes, 23 de diciembre de 2014

BOOK REVIEW: Shatter me by Tahereh Mafi.

HI! We are here to start the blog, and for the very first review I'm gonna write about SHATTER ME.
Tittle: Shatter me. (Shatter me series #1)
Author: Tahereh Mafi.
Published by: Harper Collins in 2011.
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10429045-shatter-me
Summary:
I have a curse
I have a gift

I am a monster
I'm more than human

My touch is lethal
My touch is power

I am their weapon
I will fight back

Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.
The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.
The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war – and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.
Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.
  

Thoughts:
Ok, let me tell you that I read the book because Whitney (from whitty novels)  is such a very big fan of the book, SO FAN (seriously she is a very big fan). So I said: "Well if she is fangirling so hard because of the series lets read it."
And that´s what I did. And OMFG, Shatter me is awesome, AWESOME. Ok the deal with this is book is this: If you want a fast paced book with a lot of action this is not the book. The very big deals with this book is Tahereh's  writing and the characters. Seriously, the writing is so beautiful and so perfect, also the characters are so good (also good looking, haha) because all of them have this awesome past that make them as they are, so yeah. The book is introductive but it's also interesting see how Tahereh builded this post-apocalyptic world where the war is super conflictive, but the romance is also one of the biggest things with this because we have Adam and Warner (Warner is in book two), but is so good to see how a very interesting  love triangle starts growing. The very big thing happens in book two were the war is starting and we can see how the characters have "the character development".
So if you want a very inspirational book with romance and a little of war that it's going to grow in the books this one is for you!
My rating:
4.5 stars! <<GOOD! Maybe some things were boring but I really liked it!>>

This is all for now, Don't forget to add the book in your wishlist if you're interested. Bye!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario